|Naughty Kiss a new JDrama which premiered 9/1|
So here is the low down...
- Dorama = Drama
- Japan has four television seasons in which new shows will premiere in: Winter (January–March), Spring (April–June), Summer (July–September), and Autumn or Fall (October–December)
- Evening dramas, typically are like 12 episodes long with a normal season finale type episode (similar to here in the States)
- Dramas are often filmed only a few weeks before they actually air... which I always wonder why they don't do that here...
- The starting time is not always on the hour or half hour. Because ratings are so important in Japan they normally start a few minutes before or after the hour. The thinking on this is that once one show ends the viewer will prob be more likely to watch the next show on since they already missed a few minutes of other shows on a different channel... so clever!!!
So now that we got the basics... where do people watch these?
- CrunchRoll -- downside you gotta pay
- Your local Japanese video store -- funny right? I'm sure these exist though, sadly not really helpful for me
- Mysoju -- this site looks reputable but I really have no clue.. thought I would give it a try
- and I'm sure Youtube if you are willing watch it in annoying under 15 min sections..
What do you think? Good starters? Any recommendations??